Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple flavors are quick and tasty. Nice change if your tired of making or bringing potato or green salads! Warning: you will be asked to make it again and again.
- 1 (10 ounce) package pasta, cooked and drained (elbow "or" small shells work fine)
- 3 -4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 10 ounces bacon bits (use a jar "or" you own)
- 1 cup of hellmans mayonnaise
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper
- Mix mayo and ranch seasoning until well blended.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl combine pasta, tomatos, cucumbers, and mayo mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, and bacon bits.
- Let pasta salad set 4-6 hours or overnight if possible.
- Add more mayo if needed before serving (the creamier the better!).
- Serve chilled.
- My husband is a cheese lover and likes me to add 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar.
- For a change of color, I use garden blend spiral pasta.
This salad has excellent flavor. I used garden blend Radiatore pasta and it was very colorful. As a personal preference, next time, I think I will cut the bacon bits in half because I felt that they made the salad very salty. We use very little salt in anything, if at all. Also, as in the other review, I do think I will add either red onion or some scallions, again as a personal preference. I did dice the tomatoes to about the same size as the pasta and quartered the cucumber slices (easy to do with the cusinart) so the salad was all very uniform in bite size pieces. I also want to try it with the cheese that your husband favors. Thanks for posting Misty...this is a keeper in our household. Actually I made it to take to a cookout that got cancelled. Their loss!! Our gain!! LOL!
This was sooooo good, what great taste. The bacon bits just added so much flavor. I took this to a pig roast tonight and as you know this makes a ton and there was none left. I will be making this again soon!! THANKS!!
Made this tonight and it was so good. I made it with light Hellmans and a little sour cream. Didn't have any bacon bits, so added some peppers and onions. Thanks for a great pasta salad Misty!