1/1 Photo of "kelly's Chinese Cabbage Salad"
I've had LOTS of people ask for this recipe...there are similar ones, but this is how I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crunched up into tiny pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save rest, set aside
- 0.75 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (can use whole bag if desired)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning, packet save last of it for another use
- 1In frying pan, melt butter. Add ¼ teaspoons seasoning and noodles. Saute 2 minutes, stirring. Set aside on paper towel. In lg. bowl, combine coleslaw mix, kernels, green onions and red bell pepper. Toss, cover and refrigerate.
- 230 minutes to 1 hour before serving make dressing:.
- 3In small bowl, whisk rest of ingredients (except noodles) well til syrupy. Pour over salad, stir well, and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in noodles.
- 5*Sub or add toasted slivered or chopped almonds in place of or in addition to sunflower kernels.
- 6**For a complete "One-Dish" lunch or meal, stir in 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "kelly's Chinese Cabbage Salad"
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 216.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: