Recipe by Wildflour
Even though this is an easy one--it's actually really good!
Top Review by Lori Alcorn
I loved this recipe, so easy and delicious! I typically use left over tomato/meat sauce I have made for spagetti and reheat a little, so basically it's like 3 ingredients, sauce, bun, and cheese....plus any 'burger' toppings anyone might want. Super idea!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb French bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hamburger and onion, drain grease.
- Add soup and spices, simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice top third off bread, hollow out bottom half of loaf, leaving a 3/4-inch shell, save bread chunks, or feed to the birds!
- Spread top slice of bread (cut side), with butter.
- Place hollowed out bread on cookie sheet and broil till lightly browned.
- Take out of oven and fill with meat mixture, top with cheese slices.
- Place buttered top next to it, put back in oven at 350º; bake till heated through and top is toasted a little.
- Put the top on, slice into wide slices for sandwiches, about 4-5 inches wide.
- 4-6 servings.