Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yeah! I know how to make "real" mac & cheese. But this is so good and simple that I can't justify the work. I hope you try this and put your own spin on it. You could add broccoli, ham or a host of other goodies!
- 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (like Bertolli)
- 8 ounces assorted cheese, like cheddar, Monterey jack, Swiss (or so!)
- salt and pepper
- Combine the hot pasta, Alfredo sauce, cheese (reserve a little to sprinkle on top) and heat gently over low heat or bake at 375 until bubbly!
- Feel free to add any of the following: grilled chicken, broccoli, cubed ham, roasted veggies, bread crumb topping, shrimp--hatever you like!
Sounded too yummy to pass up. I didn't have a 2nd jar of alfredo so I poured milk into the jar about half full, shook it up and filled the rest of the casserole dish. I also added garlic powder, salt and pepper to the alfredo jar, and shook it up before pouring on the noodles. It's been baking about 40 minutes and is good and crispy. I can't wait to make it in a crockpot to take as a side-dish for holiday gatherings.
Very simple recipe, but with so many different possibilities! I used low fat alfredo sauce, and then threw in sauteed onion and fresh minced garlic, broccoli, parsley, and grilled chicken. I used mozzarella and cheddar cheese because that's what I had on hand. I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch!
This was very good and cheesy. The only difference I made was using 2 jars of the alfredo sauce. Thank you for sharing.