Recipe by AllThingsCooking
Yeah! I know how to make "real" mac & cheese. But this is so good and simple that I can't justify the work. I hope you try this and put your own spin on it. You could add broccoli, ham or a host of other goodies!
Top Review by Jenn B.
Sounded too yummy to pass up. I didn't have a 2nd jar of alfredo so I poured milk into the jar about half full, shook it up and filled the rest of the casserole dish. I also added garlic powder, salt and pepper to the alfredo jar, and shook it up before pouring on the noodles. It's been baking about 40 minutes and is good and crispy. I can't wait to make it in a crockpot to take as a side-dish for holiday gatherings.
- 8 ounces penne or 8 ounces your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (like Bertolli)
- 8 ounces assorted cheese, like cheddar, Monterey jack, Swiss (or so!)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the hot pasta, Alfredo sauce, cheese (reserve a little to sprinkle on top) and heat gently over low heat or bake at 375 until bubbly!
- Feel free to add any of the following: grilled chicken, broccoli, cubed ham, roasted veggies, bread crumb topping, shrimp--hatever you like!