Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a take on the beef and broccoli dish served in Chinese restaurants. It's very easy to make and tastes wonderful. After marinating the meat, it takes only a few minutes to get this dish on the table. (The preparation time does not include the 1 hour marinating.)
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed broccoli red bell peppers bamboo shoots and mushrooms (thawed**)
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Pour marinade over steak in nonmetal dish. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; reserve marinade. In a large lightly-oiled skillet, over medium-high heat, stir-fry steak 3 minutes or until steak is no longer pink. Remove steak with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat vegetables and reserved marinade to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in steak. Serve over rice, if desired.
- **If you can't find the frozen broccoli mixture, you can use a 16-oz. package of frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, instead.
Yes, it was quick and it was easy, but it was also delicious! The aroma was divine as the marinated steak was cooking. Instead of frozen veggies, I used fresh broccoli and 1/2 of a red pepper with a can of bamboo shoots. Mmmm..looking forward to lunch leftovers tomorrow! Thanks TasteTester!
I really like the marinade for this recipe. I am going to be using this for a sauce on Barbecue Chicken, and even steak.
Quick and easy, and just right for a week-night. Used just broccoli, because that is what I had on hand. But will try sometime with the combination of veggies.