1/1 Photo of Queso
My cousin and I created this recipe by accident when we wanted queso but did not have any of the "traditional" Velveeta. We went rummaging and this ended up being my favorite queso ever, and I have not made Velveeta based queso since. It is important to use American cheese to get the right flavor. Notes: 1. Although I assume black pepper can be used instead of white, white pepper does taste different. 2. You should be able to find Goya products in the Mexican section of your grocery store. 3. If you do not like it very hot, use the mild salsa and use less pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cube cheese. (I usually break a stack of several slices into quarters.).
- 2Combine salsa, cheese, and milk in a microwave safe container.
- 3Microwave on high for two minutes.
- 4Stir to blend. Then stir in spices.
- 5Microwave on high until heated thoroughly, about ten minutes, stirring ever minute or so.
- 6Serve hot with tortilla chips.
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Queso
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 622.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: