Recipe by auntchelle
The flavour for this recipe very much depends on what pumpkin and cheese you use. Otherwise, it is a subtle dish. This quantity makes 2 large servings.
- 300 g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine (or 166ml)
- 550 ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons butter, extra
- 50 g blue cheese
- 20 g walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg Celsius. When hot put pumpkin on a lined tray, coat with spray oil and place in oven to roast.
- Put stock into a jug and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, until hot. (Keep stock hot by zapping as required.).
- In a medium pan place butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, unit soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes and rice is thoroughly coated in butter/oil.
- Add rosemary and wine and stir continuously until wine is absorbed.
- Add hot stock, stirring continuously, in 2/3 cup quantities. Ensure stock has been absorbed before adding the next lot of stock.
- *Keep and eye on the pumpkin and when it has been cooking for about 25-30 minutes remove from oven*
- When you add your last quantity of stock, also add 1/2 of the roasted pumpkin.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is creamy, but still has a little 'bite' in it, remove pan from heat. Add the remaining pumpkin.
- Stir in the butter then add 30g of the blue cheese. Stir. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with the last 20g of cheese, crumbled, and the walnuts.