Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This recipe was printed in an advertising flyer for a local realtor. My neighbor brought some over after she made them and they were pretty dang tasty. These would make great cookies for St. Patrick's Day.
Top Review by Bekah49036
These little gems are truly addicting! I made them for St. Patrick's day this year and within 24 my fiance and I had gobbled up the entire patch. I didn't have any almond extract so I subbed vanilla and they still were great. Very subtle flavor that leaves you wanting more. Thanks so much.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl blend sugar, butter, shortening, almond extract, eggs, pudding mix, and food color.
- Add flour, soda and salt. Mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375. Shape into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets leaving 2 inches between coookies. Bake 8 - 10 minutes Immediately remove from sheets and cool on racks.
- Preparation time includes chill time.