Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Falling-off-the-bone ribs in a barbecue/pineapple sauce.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs or 2 lbs back ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 -3 drops hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- Place ribs meaty side up on rack in foil-lines shallow roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour about 1/3 cup sauce on ribs.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven until done, 1-1/2 to 2 hours, basting 3 or 4 times with remaining sauce.
I make this recipe often. As a matter of fact have 5pounds of this dish in the oven right now. I highly recommend this recipe. It is falling off the bone delicious!!!!!
Didn't have crushed pineapple so I used the juice off of a 20oz can of pineapple chunks. I did not add any more sugar. I did add dry mustard and cayenne pepper, cooked at 325 for 2 hours, and basted every 15-30 min. This recipe was outstanding. Thank You Chef Made this with Chicken basted every so often and it was out standing. We are keeping this one.