This recipe has been in my family for generations. This is my mom's version. The amount of olive oil depends on the size of jars you use. The pepper flakes we use for this recipe are call "Aji Molido", it is not spicy but very flavorful, so please be careful. The first time I make this with regular American Hot pepper flakes I almost kill my boyfriend at the time.(Aji Molido is from Argentina)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover eggplant with salt and let it rest for 30 minutes, then rinse well. This will get ride of any bitterness.
- 2In a sauce pan, bring up to boil the vinegar and water. Add onions, peppers, garlic and eggplant. Simmer for 20 minutes and drain.
- 3Mix with aji molido, oregano, and basil.
- 4Put on jars with one laurel leaf on each jar and cover with olive oil.
- 5Store for at least a week before using.
- 6For long-term unrefrigerated storage, process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes immediately after sealing jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.0
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g