Recipe by Emren
This is good for both lunch or dinner.
Top Review by Kathy(
A very nice recipe. I like the choice of cheeses, but thought the dish was missing something. Next time I will add some italian herbs, but overall we really enjoyed this dish. I had enough filling for two rolls, so we'll be enjoying this again later in the month.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- saute peppers, onion and garlic until just tender and let cool.
- combine ricotta and egg well then add chicken, gruyere and parmesan and mix well. Then mix in vegetables.
- layer phyllo and butter on a cookie sheet, one phyllo sheet, then brush with butter and for all 6.
- spread chicken mixture on phyllo sheet, stopping one inch from one short edge.
- roll, starting with the side that has the filling, then seal edge with butter.
- brush entire roll with butter, then wrap and freeze.
- To reheat: partially thaw roll overnight in the fridge. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.