Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is good for both lunch or dinner.
Make and share this Phyllo Chicken Roll OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- saute peppers, onion and garlic until just tender and let cool.
- combine ricotta and egg well then add chicken, gruyere and parmesan and mix well. Then mix in vegetables.
- layer phyllo and butter on a cookie sheet, one phyllo sheet, then brush with butter and for all 6.
- spread chicken mixture on phyllo sheet, stopping one inch from one short edge.
- roll, starting with the side that has the filling, then seal edge with butter.
- brush entire roll with butter, then wrap and freeze.
- To reheat: partially thaw roll overnight in the fridge. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
A very nice recipe. I like the choice of cheeses, but thought the dish was missing something. Next time I will add some italian herbs, but overall we really enjoyed this dish. I had enough filling for two rolls, so we'll be enjoying this again later in the month.
This was delicious. We did not freeze and cook - we ate it the night I prepared it. At first I was going to substitue the gruyere cheese because it was so expensive but it really made the dish. Also, I must have bought the wrong size phyllo dough because I had enough filling to make two rolls. I was confused at first about how to roll it up but figured it out quickly. I also used more than 6 sheets and probably should have stuck with 6!
Made this as directed (yes, even included the mushrooms!) & then froze half, while the 2 of us happily ate the rest as part of a comforting salad-&-roll supper! I always have both cubed & shredded chicken in the freezer so that made for an even easier preparation! We really liked the combination of cheeses used here! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]