Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gosh !!! what a great snack or light lunch!!
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into rings
- 4.92 ml salt
- 453.59 g beef top round steak, sliced into strips
- 4 sandwich buns, split lengthwise
- 118.29 ml shredded provolone cheese or 118.29 ml swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions, peppers and salt.
- Cook vegetables over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet.
- Saute for 2 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove beef and vegetables from skillet with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Divide beef and vegetables evenly among sandwich rolls.
- Top with cheese.
- Loosely wrap sandwiches in foil.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- PS:Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich tip: Reduce your cleanup time by microwaving the onions and bell peppers. Place in a resealable plastic bag with 1 tablespoon oil and microwave on HIGH for about 4 minutes.
Wow! This was my first ever Philly and I loved it. I made it exactly as written using provolone. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
These were very easy, as cheesteaks go. My husband made these for dinner tonight, as I wasn't feeling well and said that they were a perfect thing to make on a night that he had to cook. He made these exactly as directed, using the Swiss cheese option and everyone, including the kids gobbled them right up. We served them with Tater Tots and I used mayonnaise on mine. I think it would be easy to spice these up, or even make them with chicken if you wanted. I'm sure that this will be made often in our house as it was so quick and easy. Thank you babyiguana. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
These were delicious. Thank you for sharing with us. I will continue to make these. THank you.