Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I’ve made it my mission to find the perfect mojito recipe – I know, it is a tough job. So I’ve tried dozens of different recipes (See the sacrifices I make?) and have come up with what I think is the perfect mojito. The secret is the simple syrup and the bitters.
- 8 mint leaves (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- 4 drops bitters
- lime wedge (for garnish if desired)
- Place the mint leaves and simple syrup in a glass and muddle the mint until the leaves are crushed and the flavor is released.
- Add the rum, lime juice and bitters and stir to combine.
- Top with club soda and stir lightly.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and lime wedge.
Excellent! I used a collins glass with about 8 pieces of ice, added the ingredients, stirred then waited for 5 minutes, and the resulting mojito is superbo!!
A really nice mojito. However I added more soda as it was a little too sweet for me. I love mojitos and I will make this often.