Recipe by tigerduck
This pasta dish looks and tastes great. It looks stunning served in bowls or large, restaurant-like plates. I love sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil! The pine nuts add a nice touch. Roast the pine nuts in a skillet on low heat. Watch the nuts as they turn brown (and then black) suddenly. Serve this tasty dish with fresh parmesan cheese and a glass of wine.
- 1 (270 g) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut into thin stripes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125 ml cream (use more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into stripes
- 400 g penne, cooked
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin stripes. Keep the oil.
- Heat wok or large skillet. Add 1 tablespoons of the kept oil.
- Fry meat in 2-3 portions. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add fried meat to the wok again.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and cream. Cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked penne and basil and mix. Leave on stove until penne are warm.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and top with roasted pine nuts.