This pasta dish looks and tastes great. It looks stunning served in bowls or large, restaurant-like plates. I love sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil! The pine nuts add a nice touch. Roast the pine nuts in a skillet on low heat. Watch the nuts as they turn brown (and then black) suddenly. Serve this tasty dish with fresh parmesan cheese and a glass of wine.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into thin stripes. Keep the oil.
- Heat wok or large skillet. Add 1 tablespoons of the kept oil.
- Fry meat in 2-3 portions. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add fried meat to the wok again.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and cream. Cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked penne and basil and mix. Leave on stove until penne are warm.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and top with roasted pine nuts.
So quick and easy! I don't like penne pasta so we have used bow-tie and angle hair pasta as well. Makes a great dinner for 2 - with plenty left over for lunch the next day.
Very, very good! I made this last week for around 40 people and it went down a treat. Easy to make and tastes fantastic - what more could you want? This will definately be made again - thank you for posting such a lovely recipe!
Delicious!! A wonderful recipe combining many of my favourite ingredients. Relatively easy to make - with a tremendous outcome. Very tasty. Will certainly make again. Thank you.