Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
How cute! These are just like the famous "Peanut Blossoms" cookies, captured in a baby muffin:) These are sure to bring a smile to anyone's lips:) *Prep time includes both cooling times.*
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Butter 24 mini muffin cups, or line with mini cupcake paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the peanut butter and oil; blend in the egg until smooth.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the milk mixture and stir just to combine--do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins; bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Remove pan to a wire rack and cool for 1 minute before inverting.
- Place a Hershey's Kiss in the center of each hot muffin; cool for 30 minutes.
- Lightly press the melted bottoms of the Kisses onto the muffins; refrigerate for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Too cute. used applesause instead of veg. oil, and egg whites for egg. Omitted choolate kisses. Will use whole wheat next time to make more healthier, and maybe some dark chocolate shavings. Great recipe thanks!