Recipe by Jeff's Girl Way Out West
These quick and easy bars have the most glorious "ribbon" of fudge running through them. I got the recipe from a friend in Chicago. Watch out! These are RICH and ADDICTIVE!!!!
Top Review by pattygogo
I made these bars for dessert while my husband was finishing making dinner, and they are quick, easy and delicious. I will always have the ingredients on hand from now on for this great recipe. Thank you!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, peanut butter, egg and oil.
- Press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, heat and stir sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter over low heat until blended.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the par-baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust crumb mixture.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.