Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Paula Deen's "Celebrate" cookbook - a holiday appetizer.
Make and share this Paula Deen's Cranberry Brie recipe from Food.com.
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a large cutting board. Roll out the pastry to a 14" square. Cut off the corners to make a modified circle shape, reserving the cut pieces to make decorative shapes later.
- Spread the apricot preserves on the circle of dough, leaving a 2" margin around the edges.
- Soak the dried cranberries in the orange juice for approx 5 minutes, until they have absorbed some liquid and softened. Drain the excess juice.
- Arrange the cranberries on top of the apricot preserves. Arrange the almonds evenly on the cranberries. Place the brie on top.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash. Fold up to completely seal the brie in the pastry, using additional egg wash if necessary, and pinching to help "glue" the edges together.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or spray with vegetable oil spray. Place the brie seam side down on the sheet. Use small cookie cutters to cut out decorative shapes from the leftover pastry and place on the top. Brush with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving! If you cut into it too early, the cheese will run out onto your serving plate.
- Serve with water crackers.
When you taste a bite of this brie, it has the ability to make your eyes roll to the back of your head! It is absolutely one of the best party appetizers EVER!
Amazing! I've made this 3 times in the last month. I also used the little pastry cups, they make a perfect bite-sized appetizer and they cook in about 6-8 minutes vs. 20. Everyone who has had them asks me for the recipe. This will definitely become a standard appetizer for all of my parties. Thanks so much for sharing!
I used the same short cut as Invictus - although mine was deliberate. The little phillo cups are perfect for this recipe and makes prep a snap. I used red pepper jelly instead of the apricot preserves. Made for Special Holiday Tag