Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Having this chicken in the freezer precooked makes a nice dinner when time is short but you still want a nice sit down dinner. Recipe is for three meals. Time to make does not include marinading.
- 177.44 ml Italian salad dressing
- 3628.73-4082.33 g chicken parts
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml parsley flakes
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS:.
- Pour salad dressing in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken parts to the dressing, coating well.
- Cover and chill about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Turn the chicken in the dressing occasionally.
- Combine parmesan cheese, dry bread crumbs, parsley flakes, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Roll chicken one piece at a time in the crumbs, then place chicken in a greased 9x13 baking pan or on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spoon excess dressing over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for one hour, or until thickest piece is done.
- FREEZING AND COOKING DIRECTIONS:.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Put baked chicken pieces into a freezer bag.
- Lable and freeze.
- TO SERVE:.
- Place chicken on a heavy foil lined cookie sheet. Warm in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Tasty and easy to prepare- I used chicken breast pieces (no bone or skin) cut into 4 and enough to make one meal. I really wish now that I had cooked more chicken for another night. This is a great OAMC recipe and much cheaper than buying the frozen prepared chicken portions from the supermarket. Photo also to be posted. Reviewed for January Recipe Swap in the Aus/NZ forum. Photo also to be posted
The flavor of this chicken was perfect! One of my pickiest eaters really, really liked it! DH thought it was very yummy as well. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and that worked really well. This made great leftovers for DH to take to work the next day. Thanks for a tasty recipe! Made for the October 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Very quick to make and delicious. I used chicken tenderloins and some chicken schnitzel that I had on hand. We had the schnitzel tonight and I froze the tenderloins. These took about 20mins to cook. I think that you could also experiment with other herbs in place of the parsley. I served with a tossed salad and microwaved potatoes for a fast meal. A "keeper' for us :)