Recipe by KathyP53
I actually prefer the taste of perfectly pan-seared beef over grilled. This is easy and always delicious.
Top Review by Blue Plate Special
I like 'em better in the pan too! However, you may have even better luck if you reduce the stovetop searing to 3 minutes each side, transfer them to a baking sheet and finish them by roasting in the oven at 450 4-6 minutes for rare/6-8 for medium-rare.
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin, filets
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Rub seasoning into meat with your fingers.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add filets and cook 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat, cover filets with foil and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.