Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
adapted from Gluten Free Travels. Cook time includes chilling.
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened gelatin
- 3 cups organic coconut milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, organic, if available (or fruit of choice)
- dark chocolate, grated (optional garnish)
- Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly until the gelatin in thoroughly dissolved (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add remaining coconut milk, honey (or sweetener of choice), and vanilla extract, and stir gently to combine well.
- Pour into custard dishes or ramekins. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It will take about 2 hours for the panna cotta to hard set.
- Invert onto a plate and top with raspberries and grated chocolate. To release the panna cotta from the container, place in microwave oven for about 8 seconds and then run a knife around the edge, place a plate over the top of the container and invert. If no microwave is available, dip container into a bowl of very hot water for 8-10 seconds. Be careful not to get water into the panna cotta, if using this method.
- Makes 6-4 oz. servings or 4-6 oz. servings.