This isn't a "traditional" German recipe, but I got it from a German woman who invented it. This recipe uses legs, but you can use any part of the chicken you want. This recipe is also good with any white fish (I used halibut). I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Slice potatoes in half length-wise. Set aside.
- 3Squeeze lemons into a medium size bowl. Add olive oil to the lemon juice. Mix well.
- 4Cut small slits in chicken legs.
- 5Break apart rosemary sprigs and stuff into the cuts in the chicken legs.
- 6Place chicken legs and potatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet, with small bits of rosemary underneath the potatoes.
- 7Place any remaining rosemary around chicken and potatoes.
- 8If using dry rosemary, sprinkle on baking sheet and then place chicken and potatoes on top.
- 9Slice garlic cloves and place them under and around chicken and potatoes.
- 10Pour olive oil and lemon mix over the chicken and potatoes. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- 11Place baking sheet in the middle section of the oven.
- 12Bake for 30-40 mins until chicken and potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Chicken and Potatoes With Lemon and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3259.5
- Calories from Fat 2192
- Total Fat 243.6 g
- Saturated Fat 45.3 g
- Cholesterol 554.4 mg
- Sodium 574.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 136.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: