Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This isn't a "traditional" German recipe, but I got it from a German woman who invented it. This recipe uses legs, but you can use any part of the chicken you want. This recipe is also good with any white fish (I used halibut). I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice potatoes in half length-wise. Set aside.
- Squeeze lemons into a medium size bowl. Add olive oil to the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cut small slits in chicken legs.
- Break apart rosemary sprigs and stuff into the cuts in the chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs and potatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet, with small bits of rosemary underneath the potatoes.
- Place any remaining rosemary around chicken and potatoes.
- If using dry rosemary, sprinkle on baking sheet and then place chicken and potatoes on top.
- Slice garlic cloves and place them under and around chicken and potatoes.
- Pour olive oil and lemon mix over the chicken and potatoes. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet in the middle section of the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until chicken and potatoes are tender.
This recipe turned out great! I made 4 boneless chicken breasts and used about 1 cup olive oil and 1 cup lemon juice, and it was the perfect recipe for a nice dinner! I will definately be making this again!
OH DEAR! unless you like eating with a sour face pucker face AVOID THIS RECIPE. This is truely a meal for those who like a very tart acidic taste. I found it too overwhelming. Although I have not done this, the recipe may taste better by reducing the acid content, maybe 1 cup Lemon Juice, 1 cup Olive Oil and one cup Chicken Stock. I will not be making this again though.
Great Receipe. It was easy to make, and my family loved it. I used garlic powder instead of real garlic, but still tasted very good. Thanks for the recipe.