Recipe by LovesSweets
This is an amazing recipe for crowd-pleasing chocolate mousse. Light and airy with chewy chocolate crumbs, this is a mousse-lovers dream...
Top Review by ldheyl
This was amazing! The serving size was a little large even after I cut it down, but I loved having the left overs! For a darker mousse color I might suggest melting baking chips rather than using the syrup, but it still tastes amazing.
- 1 (280 ml) can Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 liter whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Mix Oreo cookie crumbs with melted butter in small bowl.
- In another bowl, whip cream until stiff. Keep chilled.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites until stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- Add chocolate sauce, very gradually, to the egg whites, mixing gently until mixed thoroughly.
- Add whipped cream into mixture gradually, until completely mixed.
- In serving bowl, layer cookie crumbs, then whipped cream mixture for three layers, ending with whipped cream. Or serve in glass parfait style.
- You can dust the top with extra cookie crumbs or add shaved chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. I find it is even better the second day.