Recipe by Mrs. Pope
Recipe courtesy Jacques Torres, Sweet Art From Foodnetwork.com. A yummy twist on homemade hot chocolate! I am hoping that this won't pump up my blood sugar too much, while allowing me to enjoy hot chocolate!
Top Review by Kisses <3
i have a recipe for this orange hot choclate too!! its also good my way is to wash the orange take the peel put it in a half cup of milk. When the milk boils take out the peels.Put in 2 scoops of hot chocolate powder. Mix then you have it!!!! it tastes creamy. =D
- 1 1⁄2 cups bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 pinch cinnamon, to taste
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the milk powder, grated chocolate, orange zest and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into tins or jars. Label with instructions to use 1/2 cup of chocolate mixture with 1 cup of hot milk or water.
- To make hot chocolate: Pour milk into a saucepan and heat until hot but not boiling. Stir in the hot chocolate mixture and bring to a boil.
- You can also use a cinnamon stick to stir the hot chocolate. In that case, do not add the ground cinnamon in the recipe.
- Top with whip cream and enjoy!