Recipe by goldenbkll
I hated the traditional "tomato ketchup" meatloaf. I wanted something a little different. I came upon a recipe for a brown gravy meatloaf, but I added another simple ingredient that gave it better flavor.
Top Review by Lynny B
It was the best meatloaf ever! After reading the review about "It not being meatloaf with just seasonings", I made some adjustments. I used 2 #s burger, 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs, 1 egg, 2 teas. Worcestershire and the brown gravy and onion soup mix. Omg. If you are like me and don't really like the ketchup flavored meatloaf and long for a savory meatloaf with gravy, then this is the one. I can totally see browning some real onions for this next time but even with just the onion soup dried ones it came out succulent, savory and delicious.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef (I use 80% lean)
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages onion gravy mix (I use McCormick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Ground Beef in a bowl and add 1 package of your Brown Gravy Mix and 1 package of your Onion Gravy Mix and Black Pepper. Mix into ground beef. Shape into a loaf about 2 inches high (to insure even cooking). Place in a shallow pan (uncovered ) and cook @ 350 F for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Prepare together the remaining packages of gravy Brown & Onion according to the directions.
- After meatloaf is cooked all the way through you may drain the fat (slice meatloaf directly in the pan and pour a portion of the gravy mixture over the entire loaf. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes to set the gravy. The remaining gravy can be used for mashed potatoes, or additional gravy for meatloaf servings.