1/1 Photo of Olive Garden Neapolitan Ziti
Copycat recipe, and a pretty darn good one at that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces sweet Italian sausage links or 24 ounces hot Italian sausage links
- 1 1/3 cups green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb ziti pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley sprig
- 40 fluid ounces marinara sauce
- 28 ounces italian-style canned tomatoes
- 10 3/4 fluid ounces tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed,chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Bake or pan-fry the sausages until fully cooked, drain, cool.
- 2Halve the sausages and cut the split sausages into ½ inch slices.
- 3Sauté the bell peppers in olive oil over moderate heat only until their crispness is loss, but peppers are not soft.
- 4In a heavy saucepan add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil and bring to a light simmer on moderate heat.
- 5Add the sautéed pepper strips and cooked sausage and heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 6Serve the pasta, topped with the sausage, peppers and salsa marinara and garnish each plate with a parsley bouquet.
- 7Pass the Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Neapolitan Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1435.7
- Calories from Fat 694
- Total Fat 77.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 3682.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 52.8 g