Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Copycat recipe, and a pretty darn good one at that!
Make and share this Olive Garden Neapolitan Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces sweet Italian sausage links or 24 ounces hot Italian sausage links
- 1 1⁄3 cups green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb ziti pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley sprig
- 40 fluid ounces marinara sauce
- 28 ounces italian-style canned tomatoes
- 10 3⁄4 fluid ounces tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, packed,chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bake or pan-fry the sausages until fully cooked, drain, cool.
- Halve the sausages and cut the split sausages into ½ inch slices.
- Sauté the bell peppers in olive oil over moderate heat only until their crispness is loss, but peppers are not soft.
- In a heavy saucepan add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil and bring to a light simmer on moderate heat.
- Add the sautéed pepper strips and cooked sausage and heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the pasta, topped with the sausage, peppers and salsa marinara and garnish each plate with a parsley bouquet.
- Pass the Parmesan.
Darn good is right. Wow, what a deal. The sausage, peppers, tomato sauce, garlic, and pasta. They all come together brilliantly for a divine taste sensation. I had to convince my husband that I hadn't ordered out from our favorite Italian restaurant. Many thanks :D
I found this recipe on another site and have been making it for years! It is one I come back to again and again. Great post
This was easy to make and tasted very good!! Will use this one again...Thanks