Recipe by * Pamela *
I cut this from the Winnipeg Free Press Food section on February 25, 2004 and decided to post it here for safe keeping! I plan to try this soon! Cook time does not include the 1 hour chill time for the dough.
Top Review by twissis
While the recipe itself was made exactly as written for the Sweet December event, I did take a liberty w/the prep & presentation as you can see in the pic. I planned well-ahead to make these shortbread cookies, but the timing decision was made hastily & left little room for chilling the dough or forming into cookies. So I spread the dough into a lrg shallow baking pan, skipped the chill time & cut the finished product into bars that I dusted w/powd sugar. The recipe is a tasty & ingredient-friendly easy-fix that also gets high marks from me for its versatility. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.,
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Blend flour, baking soda, and rolled oats and then add to butter mixture.
- Mix well.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into balls and flatten with a fork.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 dgrees for 13 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.