Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I used the "fruity birthday cupcake" recipe out of the Organic Baby and Toddler cookbook, and tweaked it to make some great cookies for my kids! Hope you guys enjoy these. My kids keep asking for more!
- 6 tablespoons organic yogurt (flavoring is your choice, but I use the Vanana from Trader Joe's)
- 3 organic bananas (I used very ripe ones, like the type you'd use for banana bread. I find they have great flavor)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1⁄4 cup organic milk (I use low fat)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup organic raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together the yogurt and banans in a large bowl.
- Gradually work the egg, milk, honey, flour, baking powder and soda, and oats into the mixture.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Drop batter by tablespoon fulls onto parchment lined baking sheet (get as many as you can on the sheet. These cookies don't spread out).
- Bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
I selected this recipe for its use of yogurt. They were bland looking and bland tasting. I added cinnamon and nutmeg too. They're rather cakey/soft which is fine but overall they lack 'wow' factor. Perhaps these are better for children since they came from a children's recipe book?
Big hit at the office. I used 1 organic egg and 1 eggbeater; didn't have raisins and substituted dried cherries. Will definitely do again.