Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy to make and delicious. I don't know where the recipe came from but have been making it for years. About 15 minutes to make when everything is on the counter in front of you.
- 3 cups vanilla wafers or 3 cups graham wafers, crushed
- 4 bananas, sliced lenghtwise
- 9 ounces Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 4 1⁄4 cup regular Cool Whip or 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
- pecans or nuts
- maraschino cherry
- 0.07 lb vanilla instant pudding mix (or your favorite)
- Mix the wafer with the melted margarine; press in a 9X12 pan. (The box says 425g.).
- Cover the crust with slice bananas.
- Mix the eagle brand milk and lemon juice and spread over the bananas. (The can says 300ml.).
- Spread the drained pineapple on top of the milk.
- Make the pudding like the recipe on the box and spread on top of the pineapple. (I use the 4 to 6 serving box.).
- Cover with a large tub of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with fine coconut, nuts, and cherries.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Delicious! I made this for a two family backyard pool party/BBQ and this dessert was a cool, refreshing end to the dinner. Enjoyed by all kids and adults! I used crushed graham crackers for crust with butter (didn't have margarine on hand), omitted the lemon juice and cut banana into round slices. I topped with cherries and some chopped peanuts; I warmed hot fudge in the microwave and placed the warm fudge in a squirt bottle to decorate topping. Will definitely make again, thanks for posting! :)
Excellent, Easy and scrumptious dessert. I loved how easy it was to put together and the kids ate it up. I followed your recipe exact and it was a hit. Thanks for sharing such a delightful dessert! ~V (Made for Bevy Tag Comfort Food)
Wow was this good! One of the easiest deserts I have ever made. I followed the recipe exactly. The first one I made was such a hit the family insisted on having another one the following week; but that one I did cut the bananas into round slices and added more pineapple. One of the reviewers suggested wringing out the pineapple first and I do think that was helpful advice. I also made one to take to Thanksgiving dinner. It didn't travel well, I am guessing because I had it out of the fridge too long. I am sure this is a desert I will be making again and again!