Recipe by NoraMarie
Very easy to make and delicious. I don't know where the recipe came from but have been making it for years. About 15 minutes to make when everything is on the counter in front of you.
Top Review by TheDancingCook
Delicious! I made this for a two family backyard pool party/BBQ and this dessert was a cool, refreshing end to the dinner. Enjoyed by all kids and adults! I used crushed graham crackers for crust with butter (didn't have margarine on hand), omitted the lemon juice and cut banana into round slices. I topped with cherries and some chopped peanuts; I warmed hot fudge in the microwave and placed the warm fudge in a squirt bottle to decorate topping. Will definitely make again, thanks for posting! :)
- 3 cups vanilla wafers or 3 cups graham wafers, crushed
- 4 bananas, sliced lenghtwise
- 9 ounces Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 4 1⁄4 cup regular Cool Whip or 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
- pecans or nuts
- maraschino cherry
- 0.07 lb vanilla instant pudding mix (or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wafer with the melted margarine; press in a 9X12 pan. (The box says 425g.).
- Cover the crust with slice bananas.
- Mix the eagle brand milk and lemon juice and spread over the bananas. (The can says 300ml.).
- Spread the drained pineapple on top of the milk.
- Make the pudding like the recipe on the box and spread on top of the pineapple. (I use the 4 to 6 serving box.).
- Cover with a large tub of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with fine coconut, nuts, and cherries.
- Refrigerate overnight.