Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Just a basic meatloaf recipe that my family happens to really enjoy. If you don't have green onions (they do add a great flavour), or your kids pick out the green pieces, you can substitute them with 1/2 medium onion, chopped. I'm not a huge fan of ketchup, but you can add it on top if you want to. Make these in a muffin tin if you want to get your kids more interested. Served with mashed potatoes and a veggie, it's a simple, tasty meal. These aren't huge portions so you might want to double the recipe. The leftovers will freeze very well. Enjoy!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (if you use lean or regular ground beef, pour fat off when meatloaf is cooked)
- 6 saltines, crushed (I prefer Premium Plus)
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl; get your hands in there!
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; place mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you choose to make these in a muffin tin, they will cook quicker so be sure to use a thermometer.
Just the way DH likes his meatloaf. I liked the hint of worcestershire sauce and would add a little more next time. DH won't eat onions so I used a little granulated onion powder- don't tell him :) Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
I used ritz crackers, lean ground beef. I loved the green onion in it. I ate mine with ketchup. Thanks Nif :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
I had fun making these, I made them into single small serving in my muffin tin, LOL They were so simple and really good. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game.