Recipe by Nif
Just a basic meatloaf recipe that my family happens to really enjoy. If you don't have green onions (they do add a great flavour), or your kids pick out the green pieces, you can substitute them with 1/2 medium onion, chopped. I'm not a huge fan of ketchup, but you can add it on top if you want to. Make these in a muffin tin if you want to get your kids more interested. Served with mashed potatoes and a veggie, it's a simple, tasty meal. These aren't huge portions so you might want to double the recipe. The leftovers will freeze very well. Enjoy!
Top Review by Brenda.
Just the way DH likes his meatloaf. I liked the hint of worcestershire sauce and would add a little more next time. DH won't eat onions so I used a little granulated onion powder- don't tell him :) Made for Family Picks ZWT6.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (if you use lean or regular ground beef, pour fat off when meatloaf is cooked)
- 6 saltines, crushed (I prefer Premium Plus)
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl; get your hands in there!
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; place mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you choose to make these in a muffin tin, they will cook quicker so be sure to use a thermometer.