The best cheese pizza I've ever made. Pick your crust from one of the great ones on this site, then top it with this recipe. Yum! Adapted from Peter Reinhart's American Pie (to make it closer to his version, use 1/4 c. cheddar, not 1/4 pound co-jack--I read the recipe wrong when I made it, but the flavor was fantastic anyway).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, stir together everything except the crust and sauce.
- 2Spread sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- 3Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over pizza.
- 4Bake according to the directions for your chosen crust.
- 5Let cool for about 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 6For a crust with more "snap", let the pizza cool completely, then return individual slices to the hot oven for recrisping.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New York-Style Sauce and Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 1247.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: