Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
The New Bridge Cafe in Chelsea, Massachusetts is famous for their steak tips. This recipe was given to me by someone who had a relative that worked there. A lot of people think there is ketchup in the marinade, but it is actually chili sauce. The marinade ingredients must be in equal parts, and you must use regular Coca-Cola, not diet. The sugar in the soda helps tenderize the meat, and also adds flavor.
- 12 ounces Wishbone Italian dressing
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 12 ounces Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
- 5 lbs beef tips
- Mix all marinade ingredients and place in a large zip lock bag with steak tips. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Take meat out off the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking, to reach room temperature.
- Grill, broil or bake to desired doneness.
I've been to the New Bridge Restaurant in Chelsea, Massachusetts, and these steak tips are exactly like the ones they serve there. Instead of cooking or broiling them in the oven, I cooked them on the barbecue grill. They came out perfect!