Recipe by Jen Andrews
This recipe is from the Nashville House in Brown COunty, IN. They are wonderful. Served at the Nashville House with fresh Apple Butter.
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 2⁄3 packages dry yeast or 2 2⁄3 packages yeast
- 1 cup lard or 1 cup shortening
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 7 -9 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Add yeast to warm water as directed on package.
- Add other ingredients, till mixed.
- Let dough rise.
- Work into biscuits.
- Heat oil to slightly hotter than 350 degrees.
- Drop into hot fat.
- This recipe will make about 7 dozen biscuits.
- They can be frozen individually and stored in plastic bags.
- When you work them, don't let the biscuits rise to high.
- If fat is too hot, the biscuits will be soggy in the center.