Recipe by riffraff
This is from a 1990 Good Housekeeping magazine. I love the taste of the onions. I serve with macaroni salad or potato salad.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Wow...this is a great recipe. The chicken was very moist and juicy. I used fat-free sour cream and hot paprika. It was an easy meal to prepare with great results. Thanks, riff, for sharing your secret. The crunch onions were a brilliant idea.
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cans French-fried onions, coarsely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken.
- On wax paper, combine onions and next three ingredients.
- Brush chicken pieces with sour cream.
- Coat with onion mixture.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish arrange chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven till chicken is no longer pink in the center and coating is nicely browned.