- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and margarine; add egg and flavorings and mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients; mix into sugar and margarine mixture. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out 3/16-inch thick.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until delicately brown.
- Let cool.
- Icing for Roll Out Sugar Cookies: 2 cups powdered sugar, milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Icing for Roll Out Sugar Cookies: In a mixing bowl, sift powdered sugar.
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously until mixture is the consistency of a thin glaze. Add vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Food coloring may be added, if desired.