Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are very rich and delicious crepes. I made this for my husband for our very first Valentine's Day when we were dating - let's just say that we've been together for over 20 years! This is a recipe from an old 1970's cookbook that myself and my oldest Son still cook from. They are really great and very easy. Enjoy!
- Make the crepes using Nif's Basic Crepe Batter, recipe #354483.
- For the Cheese Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Return to a low heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the cream, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Do NOT boil!
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- For the filling:.
- Saute the mushrooms in half the butter for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in half the Cheese Sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Fill each crepe with the mushroom filling. Fold over and place in a buttered shallow baking dish. Dot with remaining butter and pour on the rest of the sauce.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 1/2 hour or until heated through.
Oh, my, Nif!!! I had a craving for mushroom crepes, and this recipe totally resolved that craving!! They were quite easy to make (both the crepes and the filling/sauce), and will be wonderful to make for a dinner party! I hope they reheat well and are as yummy as the first ones!