Recipe by Kerena
This recipe is from the book Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke. I am posting it for safe keeping. Seems to me you can't go wrong with this recipe nor tire of it as you can make hundreds of combinations. You could even combine items listed in each catagory. It does not specify but I am guessing that you bake these in a 9"x11" pan sprayed with non-stick spray or lined with non-stick foil. Servings and yield is a guesstimate as it is not listed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
A) Choose one of the following and add 1 1/2 cups of it
- graham cracker crumbs
- vanilla wafer crumbs
- chocolate wafer crumbs
- animal cracker crumb
- sugar cookie crumbs
B) Choose one of the following and add 2 cups of it
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- peanut butter chips
- raisins (regular or golden)
- m&m's plain chocolate candy
C) Choose one of the following and add 2 cups of it
- flaked coconut
- Rice Krispies
- miniature marshmallow (can add 2 1/2 cups of these)
- frosted flakes, cumbled
D) Choose one of the following and add 1 cup of it
- walnuts, chopped
- pecans, chopped
- peanuts, chopped
- cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle position.
- Evenly sprinkle item chosen from list A over the melted butter.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs.
- Evenly sprinkle item chosen from list B on top.
- Evenly sprinkle item chosen from list C on top of that.
- Evenly sprinkle item chosen from list D over the very top.
- Press everything down with the palms of your hands. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack and cut into brownie sized bars.