Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A copycat recipe of Harry and David's moose munch. Not exactly the same but close.
Make and share this Moose Munch recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon crisco vegetable shortening
- 1 (16 ounce) box caramel popped popcorn, toffee popcorn such as Crunch and Munch
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and Crisco.
- Microwave until chips look shiny about 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir until melted.
- Quickly stir in popcorn. Spread onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
Used this with Carmel popcorn #57591. Awesome recipe.
Have not accomplished this successfully yet, but a comment may save some other's attempts. I used already popped corn, in a bag from Bed, Bath, and Beyond -- where 3 people stopped to tell me what wonderful popcorn it was ! (What I ate plain IS tasty !!) I used bittersweet chocolate bits, which sort of just clumped up after nuking. I asked the chef, who said be very attentive to the melting -- chips should retain their shape but be easily stirred to melted. I think bittersweet may act differently than milk chocolate. Second important thing to watch -- recipe says "CARAMEL" popped corn -- the BB&B was not. I believe the hard shell keeps the corn from becoming soggy. By the time my chocolate had hardened, the corn was no longer crisp. I am not giving up !! The Moose Munch website says Target carries it -- but not in MY hometown !! Next time I will use the specified ingredients BEFORE making any changes ! Thanks for your help, Luvs2Cook.
I used leftover carmel corm form harry and david! added Mini Marshmallows, and honey roasted peanuts! I used about 2 cup caramel corn, 1 cup marshmallows and 1 cup peanuts 8 oz of melted dark chocolate apeels! I make candy so this I always have on hand. Great way to use up stuff in my cubbard and left over chocolate in my chocolate melting pot