Prep 18 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moms both make this. It is good over baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, wide egg noodles, toast, biscuits or waffles.
- Brown the hamburger.
- Remove the meat to bowl.
- Sprinkle flour into fat; brown the flour.
- Add the canned milk and enough water to make a gravy, stirring on low.
- Add hamburger back to gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for a while (the longer you cook the better); 15 minutes is good.
- You can add dried beef if you want, cut in small pieces.
Very quick and tasty. Even when used on a slice of toast for lunch it's yummy. I used veggie burger and added some onion and garlic just because I couldn't resist. Loved this simple recipe and will make again.
The recipe intrigued me. I have made sausage gravy in the past but never with hamburger. I made this using 1/2 lb ground beef and did saute some onion before cooking the meat. The meat was broken up using my potato masher and a touch of sugar was added in with the rice flour I used to make this gluten free. This was served on top of Jalapeno Cornbread Waffles. Using the half pound of meat my yield was 3 maybe 4 nice servings. Added in a tossed salad and we had a complete meal. Thank you Dienia. I can see myself making this one again.
This was easy to fix and judge the amount of water to use. I used 1 can of the evaporated milk and just keep adding water till it looked right. Served this over thick Amish noodles cooked in chicken broth and mashed potatoes! My husband loved it.