Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
this is a healthy faux guacamole, no avocado, no sour cream. tastes good with some toasted w.w. tortilla pieces or baked tostitos. Cook time is chill time
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen green peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 green onions, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- In blender, process peas, lime juice and green onions until smooth.
- Place in mixing bowl and stir in picante sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavors blend.
This is wonderful,since avocados are so pricey these days.i was not sure about the peas,but is good for old dogs to learn new tricks.
Well who'd of thunk the lowly pea could be developed into a terrific appetizer dip!! I do now. This was terrific. Talk about easy to do too!! I served this with tortilla chips but it would be good with crackers and on toasted french bread too. Thanks mandabers.
Low calorie and delicious. You won't miss the avocadoes in this.Thank you!!!!!