Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely, refreshing sandwich to serve for tea or a light summer snack with friends.
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons coarse-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 24 slices white bread, very thin (homemade is best)
- 1 cup mint leaf, cleaned and dried on paper towels
- 16 radishes, trimmed and sliced as thinly as possible
- Blend mayonnaise/Miracle Whip, sour cream, zest, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Spread bread slices generously with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Top half of the slices with a layer of mint leaves.
- Top the mint leaves with overlapping rows of radish slices.
- Top radishes with remaining bread slices nad press together gently.
- Trim the crusts and cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Sandwiches may be made 2 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in plastic wrap.
I was suprised at how good this little sandwich is...it was a huge hit and I had several requests for the recipe!