1/2 Photos of Mint Lemonade
From my local newspaper, July 16, 2005. The recipe was adapted from "My Mother's Southern Entertaining," by James Villas. Makes about 8 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice 7 lemons thinly.
- 2Seed sliced lemons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add 12 mint leaves; sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Pour in boiling water.
- 5Let sit for 45 minutes at room temperature, occasionally pressing lemons and mint with a wooden spoon.
- 6Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass punch bowl or a pitcher with at least a 2 1/2 quart capacity.
- 7Juice the remaining lemon; add to the strained liquid.
- 8Add cold water; stir well.
- 9Add ice cubes; stir rapidly.
- 10Ladle or pour lemonade and a few ice cubes into each glass; garnish each with a mint leaf.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g