From my local newspaper, July 16, 2005. The recipe was adapted from "My Mother's Southern Entertaining," by James Villas. Makes about 8 cups.
- Slice 7 lemons thinly.
- Seed sliced lemons and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 12 mint leaves; sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Let sit for 45 minutes at room temperature, occasionally pressing lemons and mint with a wooden spoon.
- Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass punch bowl or a pitcher with at least a 2 1/2 quart capacity.
- Juice the remaining lemon; add to the strained liquid.
- Add cold water; stir well.
- Add ice cubes; stir rapidly.
- Ladle or pour lemonade and a few ice cubes into each glass; garnish each with a mint leaf.
What a lovely refreshing lemonade Bec. I really enjoyed this subtle lemonade. It was tart, tangy and semi sweet, with a light mint flavor. I am enjoying it as I review and can't wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing :)