Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Bite size espresso cheesecakes. Found on another website for a New Year's party.
- 29.58 ml slivered almonds
- 60.10 g package frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- 29.58 ml heavy cream, divided
- 2.46 ml instant espresso powder
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml light brown sugar
- 28.34 g bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Place thawed pastry shells on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Stir together 1 tablespoons cream and 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder in a small microwave-safe ramekin or cup. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds; stir until espresso is dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese and sugars at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add espresso mixture, and beat 30 seconds or until creamy and light. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful into each phyllo shell.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoons cream in a small microwave-safe ramekin or cup at HIGH 20 seconds, stirring after 10 seconds and at end until smooth. Spoon 1/4 teaspoons chocolate mixture over each tart. Top immediately with almonds. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 24 hours.