Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
found on facebook, want to try
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 stick vegetable shortening, Crisco butter-flavored
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips or 1 cup andes mint candy
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- By hand, stir in white and milk chocolate chips, mint chips and walnuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Terrible cookies...made them twice to see if it was my error but the flavor was odd at best.
I followed the instructions exactly and did not have any problems. I took them to a bake sale and three people asked me for the recipe. Yummy !