12 hrs 10 mins
Ransomed by Fire's Note:
I found this recipe yesterday on http://mobile.seriouseats.com and tried it tonight for supper. I made a few mistakes (mostly time and equipment related), and they still turned out pretty close! Oh yeah, don't let the vinegar scare you. You won't be able to taste it. I promise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
- 2Keep fries in a bowl of water until ready to cook.
- 3Place fries and vinegar in a saucepan.
- 4Add salt and one quart water.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat, and boil for ten minutes.
- 6Potatoes should be tender but not falling apart.
- 7Drain and spread on paper towel-lined dish, and let dry for five minutes.
- 8Heat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 9Add about one third of the fries, being careful not to let oil overflow.
- 10The oil should drop to about 360 degrees.
- 11Cook for 50 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- 12Remove fries to another paper towel-lined dish.
- 13Allow oil to return to 400 degrees, and repeat until all have been fried.
- 14Allow fries to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 15Here, you may proceed to the final frying or freeze potatoes at least overnight or for up to two months before frying.
- 16Bring oil to 400 degrees over high heat.
- 17Fry half of the fries for about 3 1/2 mintues until crisp and light golden brown, keeping oil at around 360 degrees.
- 18Drain on paper towel-lined dish and season to taste with kosher salt.
- 19Keep cooked fries warm in the oven on a broiler pan or a wire rack on a baking sheet at 200 degrees Farenheit while frying remaining batches until ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mcdonald's French Fries - Plus OAMC Instructions
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g