- 1⁄2 cup potato, mashed (mashed with milk and butter)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- cooking oil, for deep-fat trying
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sugar, egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients: stir into potato mixture. Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°F.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 5 to 6 at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Roll in sugar if desired. Serve immediately.