This is my favorite summer salad recipe. I make the day before because it tastes better the second day when the flavors blend (and they blend nicely!). It's a very pretty salad that you'll be proud to serve.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (washed & ends cut off)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Bring water to boil in 2 Dutch ovens (can do separately if you only have 1).
- Add green beans to one; reduce heat to medium& cook, covered, 8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Remove beans with slotted spoon.
- Add potatoes to other Dutch oven.
- Cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes; drain.
- Combine vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, salt, dill weed, thyme, and pepper in medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add green beans and potatoes; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, stirring occasionally.
- To complete recipe, garnish with tomato wedges.