Prep 30 mins
Cook 37 mins
I love maple and these are very easy to make.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lowest third of the oven; spray bottom only of a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix and melted butter with a wooden spoon just until blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk the condensed milk, egg, and maple extract together; stir in pecans.
- Spoon and spread mixture over hot crust; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden at edges and just set in the center.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into bars and serve.