Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a deliciously creamy yet low-fat potato salad. The french dressing plus the mayo and yogurt adds some tang and colour to the salad. I have never felt the need to add any salt to this recipe. Plan ahead, this salad needs 2x4 hours chill time. NOTE: If you choose to use the whole eggs instead of egg whites the fat content of this salad will increase. It is also nice to use the 3 or 4 egg whites and then use one sliced whole egg as a decorative topping.
- 6-8 medium potatoes, unpeeled, cooked and cooled slightly
- 59.14 ml low-fat French dressing (the bottled kind)
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml dill pickle, chopped
- 118.29 ml red pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml radish, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml light mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 4 hard-cooked egg white or 3 whole hardboiled egg
- Peel warm potatoes; cut into cubes.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a large bowl; Pour French dressing over them and toss; Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, add celery pickle, pepper, onion, and radishes to the potatoes; toss.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt (if desired), and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss; stir in egg whites.
- Cover salad and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, if desired, sprinkle with paprika.
I followed the recipe exactly except for leaving out the radishes since our son does not like radishes. This was excellent. My husband is addicted to potatoe salad so I thought I would find a healthier version of his favorite high fat salad. He loves this one just as much and our son loves it too. Thank you for posting this wonderful healthier recipe!
Now mine didn't come out like the pic since i changed the recepie to suit 5ppl. I didn't have radishes and added 8 strips of bacon diced and cooked to salad. Ya i know its suppose to be lowfat and it still is but you gotta have bacon! I used 15 small red potatoes so the sauce coated the chunks nicely...nobody likes a mayo fest. I added more salt and pepper to taste as I found it was lacking. I give mine 5 stars and stuck this recepie in my favorites. Thank you!
Great recipe, was very good and everyone liked it. (Made it for 5 other people). Low-fat and delicious, my favorite combination!