Recipe by Chef MB
Finally! A way to get the seasoning to stick to the good stuff without all that butter. You can adapt the seasonings to your liking--I always add some garlic powder.
Top Review by Bizy_Mum
This is delicious!
One word of caution for others - I forgot to use the butter spray when I first put it in the oven, and the pieces got a little stuck together. I was able to unstick and stir and added the spray after the first 30 minutes and everything turned out fine, but the egg-whites will clump the pieces together.
I love that this is so healthy! Egg whites have all the protein of the egg! My family likes a lot of 'flavor', so I've always doubled the sauce-mix topping, and I always use low-sodium varieties of all ingredients. We use only the store-brand 'whole wheat' chex for added nutrition and fiber. All in all it makes a GREAT snack. Now that I've found this tweak with the egg whites, I'm even happier with it!
Thanks for posting this Chef MB!!
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups pretzels
- 3 egg whites
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pan, mix the wheat chex, corn chex, cheerios, and pretzels. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat your egg whites til foamy. Then add Worcestershire sauce and season salt. Mix well.
- Pour egg white mixture over cereal mixture. Stir well.
- Then lightly spray the cereal mixture with BUTTER FLAVORED NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY, stirring well.
- Place on cookie sheet and put in warm oven (250°F) for 1 1/2 hours
- Stir every 30 minutes.
- When done, take out and spread on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Store in an airtight container.