Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These chicken strips are from Cooking Light Magazine's recipe-"Fried Chicken Salad". My kids did not care to much for all of it together as a salad, but we all love the chicken strips. I always double the recipe and freeze half for another time. They are simply delicious. I won't buy another pre-frozen manufactured chicken nugget or strip again.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Combine the chicken and the buttermilk in a plastic zip-top bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Pour olive oil in skillet to just barely covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Dredge a few chicken strips at a time in breadcrumb mixture, tossing to coat.
- Add chicken to the pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.