These chicken strips are from Cooking Light Magazine's recipe-"Fried Chicken Salad". My kids did not care to much for all of it together as a salad, but we all love the chicken strips. I always double the recipe and freeze half for another time. They are simply delicious. I won't buy another pre-frozen manufactured chicken nugget or strip again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- 2Combine the chicken and the buttermilk in a plastic zip-top bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 3Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- 4Pour olive oil in skillet to just barely covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- 5Heat oil over medium heat.
- 6Dredge a few chicken strips at a time in breadcrumb mixture, tossing to coat.
- 7Add chicken to the pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Fried Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 428.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g